The Media Planner-Buyer will develop strategic and integrated media plans and deliver the plans to clients. Will ensure that the team has a deep understanding of each client’s target audience and media campaign goals. Will conduct appropriate market research to understand traditional media consumption and will work closely with digital channel strategist to ensures client budget, target audience and goals are met through the media plans presented.
- Create media strategy and present plans to clients
- In partnership with channel strategists, consistently evaluate and implement new approaches to targeting and segmentation
- Once media plans are approved, smoothly hand off plans to execution team to ensure all are informed of campaign goals, channels utilized, testing plans / what the client wants to learn, timeline, reporting needs, etc.
- For traditional outlets, have the ability to handle buying, negotiations and execution of the plans to ensure all are executed as planned and deliver in full.
- Engage with media data and analytics to provide insights and recommendations at the completion of the campaign to demonstrate the effectiveness of our planning.
- Utilize past campaign results to inform future campaign plans.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Perform some mentoring and training to other staff
- Report to Ciceron management team. Work closely with all teams including strategy, media, project management, account management, creative
- Traditional media expertise grounded in research and strategic thinking. Digital media expertise grounded in an understanding of data (its application and impact). Ability to put these together to provide a cohesive, integrated plan.
- Understanding of how media channels are most effective and ability to communicate trade-offs between strategies and tactics
- Familiarity with digital marketing concepts and technology
- Experience delivering communications to senior level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas through compelling story-telling
- Well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm and stable under pressure
- Minimum 5+ years in media strategy, planning and buying
- Agency experience is required
- Experience planning large, complex media plans, as well as smaller, hyper targeted media plans
- Proven ability to work across multiple brands, clients or industries simultaneously
- Proven self-starter, yet also possesses the ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Think you’ve got what it takes? Apply below: