Paid Search Specialist – Saint Paul, MN (or fully remote)
Hello from Ciceron. Nice to meet you. Just a little bit about ourselves:
Here’s how we see it: If you’re going to spend a bunch of your time working, it better be enjoyable and it better be meaningful. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to make coming to work something our employees actually love doing. We’re a values-driven agency that believes in curiosity, empathy and bringing your true self. We’ve been listed as one of Minnesota’s top 100 best places to work five times, all thanks to our people—Cicerones, as we call them—who show up every day with heart and a desire for excellence.
But what about the work? We partner with some pretty awesome clients who do things that matter. Together we work on projects that have purpose, potential and above all, drive real-world results that everyone can be proud of.
Now, on to you. This is who we are looking for:
The Role: As the Paid Search Specialist your responsibilities will include supporting your Ciceron teams and clients in these key areas:
- Manage paid search campaigns across multiple platforms (including Google Ads and Microsoft Ads) to achieve client objectives
- Assist in developing campaign objectives, target audiences, strategies/tactics, deliverables, timeline, and value measurement as it relates to search initiatives.
- Troubleshoot platform errors and ad-level rejections, working with channel reps or account team on solutions
- Partner with account managers, media planners and analysts on budget and forecasting decisions
- Analyze campaign performance to recommend opportunities for improvement, budget allocation and testing
- Create and present monthly reports to clients that highlight wins and opportunities for optimization
- Stay current on best practices and share learnings with the media team to continually improve services. Keep up to date on the latest trends, projects, and innovations.
- Own the holistic view of paid search data and analytics, defining clear KPIs across the marketing funnel that enable the team to clearly gauge investment effectiveness
- Identify critical client, account and ad-level issues and escalate them to appropriate leaders in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the technical teams on pixel implementation for effective conversion tracking
- Participate in monthly and quarterly media billing reconciliation
The Role: These are the qualities and strengths we expect for the Paid Search Specialist role to support the Ciceron teams and your clients:
- You’re enthusiastic about search and thrive in a fast paced environment where things materialize on short notice.
- You’re passionate about “getting it done” and enjoy the accomplishment of working on a volume of many moving pieces.
- You are gladly willing and able to be at-the-ready or “on call” for last minute campaign requests, creative swaps, budget reallocations, etc.
- You have experience with managing multiple campaigns with multiple creative executions and staying very organized.
- You are good with the details to ensure that each component of each campaign is exact, well-proofed, double-checked, triple-checked and ready-to-go.
- You know how to and understand the importance of establishing trust.
- You have the ability to adapt as needed.
- You demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- You fully own your responsibilities and deliverables.
- You help gather information, clear obstacles, and troubleshoot in order to deliver great work.
- You enjoy learning.
- You establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself.
- You regularly communicate with your teams and management.
- You know how to listen. And you are able to use this talent to effectively translate into ideas and solutions.
- You understand that success is the result of teamwork.
- You utilize sound judgment. You know what the right thing to do is and you do it, no matter how hard that may be. And on those rare days when you’re not sure—you ask.
- Your energy and talent makes everyone around you better.
- Oh yeah, you love a good spreadsheet!
- Extensive experience using search advertising platforms (Google Ads, Bing ads) – Google Ads certification a plus
- Understands campaign management technology from implementation to daily management of optimization features
- Experience with data, analytical and measurement tools
- Strong analytical skills and technical competency
- Ability to learn new systems and work with tech teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Foundational knowledge across other product and services lines of business (Paid Social Media, SEO, Display, etc.)
- Ability to manage and build relationships with vendors/partners
- Live our Ciceron values – Have Empathy, Be Curious, Bring Your True Self, Team First, Own Your Expertise, and Deliver Excellence.
The Ciceron Values
We live by these Ciceron values, and work to integrate them into ongoing interactions with clients and each other every day. It’s a guide to living, working and existing in the same space. And these aren’t hard and fast rules. They’re simply shared values within the walls of Ciceron, and hopefully beyond them. We like to think of the following as guideposts to make sure we never stop learning from others, listening to every perspective, and loving what we do. As a cicerone, your performance and contributions to your teams and the organization as a whole will be measured by these:
There’s a heart beating behind that data analyst, That project manager has feelings, too. And that client you deal with every day? They’ve got blood running through their veins just like you. We’re humans first and coworkers second. Empathy and respect should be behind everything we do. Because we’re more than our work.
Bring Your True Self
Staying within the now can be tricky. After all, we’ve got a lot of other stuff going on outside of work. But, we want people who can be present, positive, and progressive in their thinking. That means bringing all your strengths, showing an active role in the company, being self-aware and always growing as a human being.
One of the greatest things about being human is the “why”, hidden just inside of the endless cosmos of the “unknowing.” Hidden within our everyday work are opportunities to learn something new. It’s simply a matter of seeing it. Never be complacent in your knowledge. Never be satisfied with the status quo. Never be left wanting a life of surprises.
Own Your Expertise
Ciceron was built on the concept of being trusted guides. That’s who we hire. That being said, we ask each person to embrace what they bring to the table and to be passionate about it. To be less cavalier and more comfortable in our skin. Less cocky and more confident in our individual skills.
Whether it’s players on a field or coworkers in an office, we’re one team dedicated to a win that we can all take credit for. Heck, even if you’re not into sports, it’s pretty easy to see the parallels. This is about celebrating victories as a whole, treating everyone with the utmost respect, clear lines of communication, inherent trust and setting others up for success.
Okay, so obviously nobody’s perfect. But, this isn’t really about that anyway. We should always provide coworkers and clients with the best possible “us” that we can. That means high energy output in order to get the same back. When you’re accountable and reliable, you’re the most valuable.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Please submit your resume and a cover letter including what excites you most about this role and why you want to work at Ciceron to: firstname.lastname@example.org