Paid Social Media Manager
Hello from Ciceron. Nice to meet you. Just a little bit about ourselves:
As one of the very first pure digital agencies in the US, Ciceron has been innovating, leading and helping brands find success in the wild world of digital for over 27 years. We work with brands who have something good to offer the world—bringing purpose to every digital moment.
Our team of data, media and creative experts work closely together to ensure everything we do is grounded in strategy and drives meaningful results that everyone can be proud of. We work without ego, stay constantly curious and strive to be the very best partners for our clients and each other. And while we don’t like to focus on awards, we are a 5-time honoree on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
Now, on to you. This is who we are looking for:
Paid Social Media Manager
- Manage paid social campaigns across multiple platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok) to achieve client objectives.
- Assist in developing campaign objectives, target audiences, strategies/tactics, deliverables, timeline, and value measurement as it relates to social media initiatives.
- Troubleshoot platform errors and ad-level rejections, working with channel reps or account team on solutions.
- Partner with Director of Media, account managers, media planners and analysts on budget and forecasting decisions.
- Analyze campaign performance to recommend opportunities for improvement, budget allocation and testing.
- Work with Director of Media and team to create and present monthly reports to clients that highlight wins and opportunities for optimization.
- Stay current on paid social best practices and share learnings with the media team to continually improve services. Keep up to date on the latest trends, projects, and innovations in social advertising, content and influencer activations.
- Own the holistic view of paid social media data and analytics, defining clear KPIs across the marketing funnel that enable the team to clearly gauge investment effectiveness.
- Provide consulting, POV on organic content efforts and activations for clients across all channels when needed.
- Identify critical client, account and ad-level issues and escalate them to appropriate leaders in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the technical teams on pixel implementation for effective conversion tracking.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly media billing reconciliation.
Qualities & Strengths:
- You’re enthusiastic about social media and thrive in a fast paced environment where things materialize on short notice.
- You’re passionate about “getting it done” and enjoy the accomplishment of working on a volume of many moving pieces.
- You are gladly willing to be at-the-ready for last minute campaign requests, creative swaps, budget reallocations, etc. on those vital launch days!
- You have experience with managing multiple campaigns with multiple creative executions and staying very organized.
- You are good with the details to ensure that each component of each campaign is exact, well-proofed, double-checked, triple-checked and ready-to-go.
- You know how to and understand the importance of establishing trust.
- You have the ability to adapt as needed.
- You demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- You fully own your responsibilities and deliverables.
- You help gather information, clear obstacles, and troubleshoot in order to deliver great work.
- You enjoy learning.
- You establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself.
- You regularly communicate with your teams and management.
- You know how to listen. And you are able to use this talent to effectively translate into ideas and solutions.
- You understand that success is the result of teamwork.
- You utilize sound judgment. You know what the right thing to do is and you do it, no matter how hard that may be. And on those rare days when you’re not sure—you ask.
- Your energy and talent makes everyone around you better.
- You are an adaptable, go-with-the-flow person.
- Oh yeah, you love a good spreadsheet!
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn…etc.) – Facebook Blueprint certification a plus.
- Understands paid social campaign management technology from implementation to daily management of optimization features.
- Experience with data, analytical and measurement tools.
- Strong analytical skills and technical competency.
- Ability to learn new systems and work with tech teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Foundational knowledge across other product and services lines of business (Paid Search, SEO, Display, etc.).
- Ability to manage and build relationships with vendors/partners.
- Understanding of organic social and content marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant paid social media experience within an agency or in-house client media team.
- This role is based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.*
- Live our Ciceron values – Have Empathy, Be Curious, Bring Your True Self, Team First, Own Your Expertise, and Deliver Excellence.
*This role is based in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Our new office is located at: 2412 Valentine Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108. Ciceron’s hybrid policy requires two-days-a-week in-office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Many employees continue to work remotely for part of the week with the option to come in-person at any time.
The ciceron values
We live by these Ciceron values, and work to integrate them into ongoing interactions with clients and each other every day. It’s a guide to living, working and existing in the same space. And these aren’t hard and fast rules. They’re simply shared values within the walls of Ciceron, and hopefully beyond them. We like to think of the following as guideposts to make sure we never stop learning from others, listening to every perspective, and loving what we do. As a cicerone, your performance and contributions to your teams and the organization as a whole will be measured by these:
We aren’t just workers. We’re humans, with human hopes, dreams and reactions. We actively listen. We hold each other accountable. We share even hard messages with honesty and kindness. Above all, we honor others’ skills, challenges and differences.
Of course we always want to be present, positive and progressive in our thinking. But let’s be real: finding the courage to show up authentically can sometimes be tricky. All we ask is that you show up honestly, while striving to do your best. Lean into your strengths and look to the team to support you where you need it.
One of the most provocative questions we can ask: why? Hidden within our everyday work is a chance to learn something new. It’s simply a matter of getting proactive and seeking it out. Getting curious about today’s experiences and challenges. It’s about solving problems, pushing through “no” and unveiling tomorrow’s opportunities.
You’re an expert. That’s why you’re here. We trust you understand where you excel and where to let others shine. To use your voice to challenge the status quo. To use your authority to make decisions that move the business forward. We rely on you to embrace your skills and bring your confidence to the table.
From team to client, when we bring our skills together, our superpowers are amplified. We’re far more than that sum of our parts and our wins are something we can all take credit for. This is a team that sets one another up for success. We have inherent trust, clear lines of communication and respect always.
At Ciceron, we bring more than innovative, high-quality work that meets the needs of today’s marketing economy. We bring a product that delights us to create and brings joy (and results) to our customers. It’s about delivering energetic solutions that channel the heart and mind of the agency.